question

dl-zepeto-dev avatar image
dl-zepeto-dev asked

We want to launch our service in China.,We are preparing our service to play in China.

We are preparing to launch our service in China.

In relation to this,please let me know whether we could build up service by using Alibaba Infra(in Honk-Kong or China).

And, I'd appreciate to tell us about pricing.

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you clarify the question concerning Alibaba? What of their infrastructure do you want to use? If it's for hosting of custom game servers, you can use any hosting servce you like. We have a tutorial on hosting externally from PlayFab here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/external-game-servers.

I will at that, at the moment, you'll likely want to leverage their edge service to route packets to the PlayFab core service located in US-West-2 (Oregon), in order to have uninterrupted communication from China to that service.

For questions on pricing, we have a full write-up on our pricing page, here: http://playfab.com/pricing. What additional questions did you have that aren't covered in our FAQ?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dl-zepeto-dev avatar image dl-zepeto-dev commented ·

I tried logging in from Beijing, China as a test. I do not think the speed is guaranteed fast (300ms - 1000ms) If possible, could you transfer the location of the service that can use the Chinese infrastructure?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dl-zepeto-dev commented ·

If you are not using an edge service, you're dependent upon the round trip time through the Great Firewall, with potentially non-optimizing routing. Right now, if you wanted to have a distinct instance of PlayFab, operating exclusively for your title, in China, we would need to work with you on an Enterprise level contract. In that model, you would not have the benefit of the economy of scale you get with the existing shared service, but it would then be running on hardware in one of the China datacenters. If you'd like to discuss that, feel free to email us at sales@playfab.com.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.