question

juhanikarlsson avatar image
juhanikarlsson asked

Playfab for authentication and player data only

Hi,

I have game servers running on google cloud. I would however like to use Playfab for multi-platform authentication and for storing player data - is either or both possible?

I guess Playfab runs on Azure - would the server<->Playfab communication become bottleneck?

Cheers,

- J

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The PlayFab core service (including auth and data storage) are all Web API calls, so there shouldn't be anything preventing you from using them just as well from Google Cloud or anywhere else. But to be clear, the core PlayFab service runs in AWS at the moment. We're in the process of adding more services which are Azure based, and it's likely we'll move some existing services to Azure in the future, but that's not our priority right now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.