question

gamerishere avatar image
gamerishere asked

My players deleted from my title automatically (250 to 280 deleted from 1.1k)

Recently I reached to more than 1k users and I emailed the sales department as soon as I reached 1k because people reported that they were having some inconsistency. I knew that free tier supports only 1,000 members but I emailed AT THE RIGHT TIME. The delay caused by your sales department resulted in the loss of 250 to 280 player accounts today and now the stat shows 830 accounts only.

My title is C582. I want those player accounts back. Please please restore those accounts as it could damage our business, and no one will like to see that. I want the restoration of that data. Please do something immediately.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No players were deleted. There was a temporary issue with one of the search nodes, which was resolved (https://status.playfab.com/).

To be clear, the Essentials tier does not have a limit on the number of players you can have - no tier does. The difference between the tiers is:

Essentials - core service is free, low limits, particularly for the LiveOps functionality (which is why it's not listed as available in that tier - it's low enough that you can't reasonably build a LiveOps campaign with them, just test it to get a feel for how it works), no Service Level Agreement (SLA), support via the forums.

Indie - core service is $99 a month after you hit 1,000 MAU for the first time, auto-converts to the Professional tier when you hit 100,000 MAU for the first time, higher limits (allowing for a full LiveOps campaign), no SLA, support via the forums.

Professional - core service starts at $0.008 per MAU with lower prices at high MAU levels (and the ability to pay for reserved capacity at a significantly lower rate) with a monthly minimum of $299 (but again, free until you hit 1,000 MAU for the first time), full SLA, support via forums and private ticketing system (email)

Enterprise - custom agreement for our largest customers (higher cost, more dedicated resource time from PlayFab)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gamerishere avatar image gamerishere commented ·

So @Brendan I signed one of the contracts and it seems like I didn't hit the limit on that one too. Does it mean that due to the signing, I will be charged even before 1,000 MAU? or does it mean that as soon as I hit MAU for the first time, I'll be charged for it even though the contract is signed?

Thank you, the player accounts are now restored and feeling so much relaxed now.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gamerishere commented ·

If you signed up for the Indie or Pro tier, you don't pay anything until the first time your title hits 1,000 MAU. If your title is already over 1,000 MAU, then that would mean you'll be getting charged for the month.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.