question

herzock avatar image
herzock asked

IOS Pushnotification setup does not work. Error Invalid parameter: (An application with the same name but different properties already exists)

Hello,

i can't setup my pushnotifications in Playfab for IOS.

I am getting the error:

Error

Invalid parameter: Name Reason: An application with the same name but different properties already exists

when i upload my created .pem file.

I tried changing the name of the application, but that didnt change anything.

I had the same error message with Android, but there i could solve it by setting it up over postman.

But for IOS i cant figure out how to post the keys.

My TitleId is: 7051

Can you please setup the Pushnotifications for me when i send you the pem file?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That specific issue is caused by the name of your title (the name in the Game Manager, if you're trying to set up via the Game Manager, or the one you enter as the Name parameter, if you're using the Admin API call) is the same as that of another title already in AWS SNS. We recently did find an issue in the Game Manager's logic which is causing it to use a regex that only allows uppercase alpha characters (and numbers, periods, dashes, and underscores) through. We'll have that fixed soon, but in the meantime, you can simply use the Admin API call to set up Push and use the name you want (or you can go with all uppercase characters).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

herzock avatar image herzock commented ·

lol changing the titlename to all uppercase really fixed it :D

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.