question

avimon avatar image
avimon asked

SharedGroupData ? what and how to use it ?

After going through documentation of SharedGroupData I didn't understand much of it and also how to create a SharedGroupData object and how to use it. Can someone explain its use with a good example in simple words ? Can we use it for sending friend requests to another player, if yes then how. Please explain me in detail.

Thanks

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

SharedGroupData was designed for a fairly limited range of use cases. It is designed for a very small number of players to use to share data in a system in which you can be highly confident that no more than one of them will be updating it at a time. Basically, it's just player data that doesn't have a player "owner" as a base, and it was designed to share data between the players in a turn-based game. If you need to share a data space between upwards of a hundred or so players with blocking on updates, I'd recommend using Entity Objects.

For friend requests, please see this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/370/206712537-Two-way-friend-confirmation-with-Cloud-Script.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.