question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

OpenTrade always returning error "TradeAcceptedItemIsBundle"

flekoun
started a topic on Wed, 29 July 2015 at 7:31 AM

Hi,

I am trying your new Trade API calls get to work. However whatever inventory itemID I put into RequestedCatalogItemIds I get error : "TradeAcceptedItemIsBundle" after I try to OpenTrade. Even though the item is definitely not a bundle but container. Can you confirm this is a bug so I know I am not doing anything wrong and I can halt plans for trading in our game for now?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 30 July 2015 at 12:25 AM

Hi again,

I know we have a mail thread on this already, but so everyone else is aware: It appears that there's a bug in the Game Manager causing Containers to have non-null information for their Bundle info. We'll have this fixed shortly, but the workaround is to just edit the JSON for the item in question in your Catalog and set the Bundle info to:

"Bundle": null,

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thanhvantle avatar image
thanhvantle answered

I'm also getting the TradeAcceptedItemIsBundle error message when I try to OpenTrade but in my case, it actually is for a bundle. Are we not allowed to OpenTrade for bundles? All that's in the bundle is a single virtual currency.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

@thanhvantle: The thing to understand about Bundles is that they are items that come with other items when they are added to the player inventory. So, for example, a Bundle with an ItemId of "A" which includes ItemIds "B", "C", and "D" adds four distinct items to the player inventory when it is added (via a purchase or grant operation). Those items aren't "bound" to each other, and the Bundle item doesn't contain those other items at that point. The majority use case for Bundles, in fact, is to have the "parent" of the bundle be consumable by time (5 seconds or so), so that it gets cleaned up after dropping off the items. As stated in the other thread, please use Containers for your use case.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.