question

Saplus avatar image
Saplus asked

I've got through answers about pricing system, but they're about year old, so I have some misunderstanding with Free and Live pricing.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Saplus avatar image Saplus commented ·

So: I use PlayFab, upload the game say at PlayMarket, 1001 people downloaded it in 1st month and trying to enter - last 1 of them will be unlucky person and I need to pay $299 for him to play? :) I figured it right?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you are using our Essentials tier, then no. There's no cost for the core service, at the basic limits, in that tier.

If you are using our Indie tier, the core service cost is a flat rate of $99 per month, but only once you hit 1,000 MAU or higher for the first time. Also, the Indie tier contract auto-converts to Professional tier when you hit 100,000 MAU for the first time.

If you are using our Professional tier, you pay based upon the total MAU for the title with a monthly minimum of $299, but only once you hit 1,000 MAU or higher for the first time.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

So I mean technically, if I'm making not very ugly freaking trash game and expect more than 1000 downloads right in the 1st month - I need at least Indie tier for them all to connect. That's it?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Saplus commented ·

No, the Essentials tier also can support as many players as you need - no tier is limited, in terms of MAU. The main differences are:

Essentials: Free to use, low limits, support via forums only, no Service Level Agreement (SLA).

Indie: $99 a month after you hit 1,000 MAU for the first time, auto-converts to Professional when you hit 100,000 MAU for the first time, support via forums only, no SLA.

Professional: Per-MAU pricing (starts at $0.008 per MAU, but goes lower at high MAU levels) with a $299 monthly minimum after you hit 1,000 MAU for the first time, support via forums and tickets/email, full SLA.

0 Likes 0 ·

Ok 3rd last time.... Im crazy or what? "Indie: $99 a month after you hit 1,000 MAU for the first time" (c) Brendan. So... When 1001st user downloaded the game during the month from freaking playmarket and trying to register - he counted as 1001 MAU, and he just cant enter, and I need $99. Im just trying to understand :))

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry, I guess I'm not clear on what is causing the confusion. The Indie tier monthly charge starts the first month you have 1,000 MAU or more. Since 1,001 (and 1,000) is more than 999, yes, that month would be when billing starts.

What are you trying to work out? The "can't enter" part sounds like it's your concern, but I'm not clear on what that means. We count MAU specifically by active calls to the service. If you have 1,000 distinct PlayFab player accounts making calls in a month, that would be 1,000 MAU.

0 Likes 0 ·

English isnt my native so I maybe not very clear, sorry :) So. It's hard to make so shitty ugly game that less than 1000 people download and install from playmarket and googlestore. If during the 1st month the game gets say 2000 installs and uses - that will be counted as 2000 MAU. So what I wanted to figure - if they are able to connect and play and Im happily paying $99 next month, or Essential subscription just wont allow them to connect, register and enter after 999th MAU.

0 Likes 0 ·

Please see my answer above - there are no limits on the number of players that can sign into your game in a month in any tier.

In all tiers, one active PlayFab ID (player) in a month counts as one MAU, regardless of how many times that PlayFab ID signs in, or how many days it is used to play your game.

In our Indie tier, the first month where you have 1,000 or more MAU is when you start paying the $99 monthly fee. Also, when you reach 100,000 MAU for the first time, your contract auto-converts to the Professional tier.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.