question

v-throch avatar image
v-throch asked

How to automatically send an email to a given recipient (not the player),How to send an email to a given recipient (not the player) when a custom event is sent ?

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to have an email being sent to a given recipient in case a specific custom event is sent by a player.

All I can find on "Email templates" and "Send Email Action "sections of the documentation are related to sending and email to the player. I'd like to send an email to a specific email address, to notify a development team that an issue has been detected in game, for instance.

Thanks !

Thomas

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to have an email being sent to a given recipient in case a specific custom event is sent by a player.

All I can find on "Email templates" and "Send Email Action "sections of the documentation are related to sending and email to the player. I'd like to send an email to a specific email address, to notify a development team that an issue has been detected in game, for instance.

Thanks !

Thomas

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

We do not support at the moment, however, we'll be adding an alerting system later so that developers will be able to configure email alerts for issues in their titles. Also, once feature gets in the place, developers can subscribe to alerts from our status page for information on any incidents that occur more globally. As for now, we only support player contact emails.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Visual Engineering AS avatar image Visual Engineering AS commented ·

Hi, I'm looking for a similar feature for our application. Has this alerting system been developed? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Visual Engineering AS commented ·

Do you wish the alert that is sent to the developer can be configured or do you wish the alert being sent from PlayFab? If it is the latter, you could subscribe the PlayFab Status via this link: https://status.playfab.com/#, such that you will receive alerts if there is any incident detected by PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.