question

undertheweatherllc avatar image
undertheweatherllc asked

PlayFab Editor Extension issue on Unity Start

I started using PlayFab about a month ago, and one issue I keep running into is that whenever I start my project Unity that uses the PlayFab EdEx, the panel doesn't show up for me, and as a consequence, when I try to run and login as a player, it fails to connect because the TitleId is not set from the extension. The workaround for this is to reset the Unity window layout to default, and then I can go to Window -> PlayFab -> Editor Extension, and then it reappears, properly logged in as a dev into PlayFab, with the correct TitleId in the text field. I additionally have to click on 'SAVE' before the change "sticks". Only after doing this can I run the game and successfully log into the game.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using the latest PlayFab EdEx and SDK kept up to date, but I am on Unity 5.3.5f, quite old I know, but I'd rather stay on the version if I can.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We've seen this before as well - it seems to be Unity acting up. Fortunately, it's easy to fix. In Unity, go to the layout drop-down (upper right corner) and change it to something other than your current setting. You can then change it back. Then, re-load the editor extensions (windows->PlayFab->Editor Extensions).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhemo17 avatar image zhemo17 commented ·

Hi, Brendan.

In the Unicorn Battle project I tried this already, and it seems does not work.

I am using Unity 5.3.7 p7 and the last version of PlayFab.

Regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
marcowilliamspf avatar image marcowilliamspf zhemo17 commented ·

Fix for Editor Extensions has been deployed. Please update to the latest version of Ed-Ex.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ marcowilliamspf commented ·

All indications are that this is now fixed in master. It's already in the asset package here: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnityEditorExtensions/blob/master/Packages/PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage And will be in the versioned branch in the next release.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

I'm testing a new resolution to this issue.

Please give this a try:
https://github.com/PlayFab/UnityEditorExtensions/blob/pgilmore/EditorPrefsToSO/Packages/PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage

It's a pre-release of a possible fix.
Please download package and install manually, and respond with any feedback.

8 comments
10 |1200

forplayers.co avatar image forplayers.co commented ·

Hi,

I had a System Reflection load exception which prevented me to show the editor and your fix solved this

0 Likes 0 ·
forplayers.co avatar image forplayers.co commented ·

Just after having logged in...

0 Likes 0 ·
capture-decran-55.png (372.7 KiB)
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ forplayers.co commented ·

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that it fixed your issue. If you find any new issues, please let me know so I can fix it before I publish the change. This particular issue is a timing issue in the Unity Engine itself, and I'm afraid the only real way to test it is to just have lots of people try it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
forplayers.co avatar image forplayers.co 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

No problems! In fact the second message was indicating that the issue was (and is) still there. It wasn't the past. Thanks for the support

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ forplayers.co commented ·

I have updated the package in-place, and your issue should be resolved.

Please let me know how that works out for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
forplayers.co avatar image forplayers.co 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

Yes it works now. Now the sdk page is available. Just to let you know, after having updated the sdk, it logged in automatically with your account paul@playfab.com.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.