question

Dan Wilson avatar image
Dan Wilson asked

Custom server generating multiple instances...

I am trying to get a custom server to work.

When I upload a build an set it to a region it automatically spins up 2 servers every time.

Title ID 9188 and 493D.

It also immediately utilizes 4 server hours....

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The number of server hosts we spin up is determined by your settings. If you have the minimum available instances set higher than the maximum number of instances that can run on a server host machine, then yes, more than one server will spin up in a region that you activate.

If you don't have any active regions in your build, by the way, you won't have any running servers consuming hours. So I'd recommend leaving the build in the game in future, so that we can check your configuration for you when you run into issues.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson commented ·

On my main title it operates as expected (AA2E), but on every other title it spins up 2 instances, I checked the setting, and I don't see anything different. It may have something to do with the fact that the main title is over the 20 hr limit?

0 Likes 0 ·
eswitzer07 avatar image eswitzer07 commented ·

I was noticing this as well when testing yesterday. I would just flag a build as being available in the Singapore region, and two instances would spin up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson commented ·

On my main title it operates as expected (AA2E), but on every other title it spins up 2 instances, I checked the setting, and I don't see anything different. It may have something to do with the fact that the main title is over the 20 hr limit?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Sorry for the silence on this - we did indeed find an issue last week, which caused some extra servers to spin up briefly. That was corrected, and we haven't seen it since in our own testing, but let us know if you're still seeing anything unusual.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson brendan commented ·

I noticed that was mentioned in another thread, since then it has been working as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.