question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

RegisterPlayFabUser question

jrc
started a topic on Tue, 16 June 2015 at 4:32 AM

I tried to call the following curl command to test out playfab:

curl -XPOST https://8E37.playfabapi.com/Client/RegisterPlayFabUse

r \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" -D - -d '{"TitleId":"8E37","Username":"e

xampleuser","Email":"myemail@domain.com","Password":"MySuperSecretPassword"}'

but I received a 500 - internal server error. Please help me on what's wrong with the command. I also tried the Unity playfab sdk for the same request and got the same response as well. Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

2 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 16 June 2015 at 11:54 AM

I highly recommend using Postman for testing, since you can create a library of calls for experimentation, and you can have different "environments" set up for different titles (so that you can set Title ID, Secret Key, Username, etc. all in there and specify them with { {}} variables in the calls.

That said, the issue you ran into was a temporary one which impacted newly created titles (and only in newly created Studios) briefly - it's all working now. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

Brendan

jrc said on Tue, 16 June 2015 at 8:29 PM

It seems to be working now. Thanks! And also thanks for the suggestion, I'll be trying it as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.