question

blindgoat avatar image
blindgoat asked

How to Localize

I'm certain something similar has been asked but I failed to find it after a lot of searching... so here goes:

Are there best practices for localizing game data inside PF? Specifically currencies, items, bundles, containers, and stores have names and display names, but nowhere to put localized display names. They each have Custom Data fields, where one could put that information (as long as there are only a few languages), but other than that we aren't sure how this is meant to be done.

Another option is to store all localization data separately in a different system and make sure the PlayFabIds for each item, bundle, etc. match correctly as keys to the external localization data, but that seems like a headache.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We have plans to add localization as a built-in feature of PlayFab in an upcoming sprint. We'll have more info on the roadmap posted to the site as soon as we can.

Right now, what most titles do is to use lookup keys for the name/description/etc. fields, and use those to look up the correct localized string in a loc table they store separately (in Title Data or the Content service).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Adnan Aljabi avatar image Adnan Aljabi commented ·

I had a similar question as well , we have an app already and wanna switch to playfab, but we have quizzes in different languages and I was wondering if it's possible to implement the localization to make it available for multiple regions, so is it already done on Playfab or still needs time to be featured?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexis Bauchu avatar image Alexis Bauchu commented ·

I would very much like to see that feature implemented

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.