question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

Reset Password failed

Hi there,

I tried to implement "reset password". I set up Gmail as it was described in the tutorial.

But there is still one error, I cannot figure out. I find the following error msg:

{
    "EventName": "sent_email",
    "EmailTemplateId": "F780917A4B982D52",
    "EmailTemplateName": "PasswordRecoveryTemplate",
    "EmailTemplateType": "AccountRecovery",
    "Success": false,
    "ErrorName": "SmtpServerAuthenticationError",
    "ErrorMessage": "The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at",
    "EmailName": "Primary",
    "Token": "58A869C8A0F7BB9B",
    "Subject": "Password reset requested",
    "Body": "<head></head>\r\n<body><p> You recently requested a password reset with us.</p>\r\n<p>Please click <a href='https://9c02.playfabapi.com/EmailConfirmation/Confirm/?token=58A869C8A0F7BB9B&titleId=9C02&templateId=F780917A4B982D52'>here</a> to be directed to a page to reset your password. Thanks!</p>",
    "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
    "EntityType": "player",
    "Source": "PlayFab",
    "TitleId": "9C02",
    "EventId": "d4e925e443244190ac9e62625bad21f3",
    "EntityId": "3800A1D5A2200DAD",
    "SourceType": "BackEnd",
    "Timestamp": "2018-06-18T20:39:27.2489508Z",
    "History": null,
    "CustomTags": null,
    "Reserved": null
}

I already changed the configuration at Gmail.

Furthermore I don't know what to fill in EMAIL Template at the section: Callback URL.
As I don't have a webpage, just a single app what should I insert in that field? Or does that mean, I cannot use that????

Many thanks in advance,
Best wishes
Michael
apisAuthenticationwindows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - if you want to use the Account Recovery template, you do need to have your own hosted page for the password entry, as stated in our blog post on this topic: https://blog.playfab.com/blog/announcing-email-messaging.

If you don't have your own page for password updates, I'd have to recommend using the more basic Client/SendAccountRecoveryEmail API call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.