question

garinrk-pp avatar image
garinrk-pp asked

Is it possible to store data (tables), modifiable from the Playfab developer dash?

Hello Everyone!

Apologies if this has been answered before, I tried my best to search but I'm not exactly sure how to phrase the question in the first place! Please do point me in the right direction if this is a duplicate!

My situation is as follows:

I'm wanting to store some data, on the playfab side, that would allow designers to modify a table of values. Specifically, something similar to a two dimensional array that given two indices (e.g. [0][4]) a value is returned.

But, instead of hard coding this directly within our game, it would be really convenient if we could modify this data on Playfab, query for the value from the client, and do the appropriate operations client side based on that value.

If this is possible, could I be pointed in the right direction to make this happen? I'm hoping to take advantage of Playfab such that I wouldn't have to create an external tool to allow designers to modify values without having to get directly into the codebase. If this isn't possible and that seems like the route I must go down, then let me know!

Just to reiterate:

I'd like the ability to store a two dimensional table of values that is able to be modified directly through the playfab developer dashboard that the game / client would query with given indices to retrieve these values and perform appropriate actions in game.

I can provide more clarification if needed!

Thanks community!

Player Datadatagame managerCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
comc avatar image
comc Deactivated answered

I would recommend that you use Entity Files to do this. They can be edited from the dashboard and as a binary object you can construct your own handling for it.

More details can be found here:

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/entities/getting-started-entities

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garinrk-pp avatar image garinrk-pp commented ·

Thank you! I shall look into this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.