question

Max avatar image
Max asked

How to restore non-consumable items properly using PlayFab and Unity IAP?

Hi PlayFab Team,

Recently our game (TitleID: D37C) rejected by store reviewer because of restore non-consumable items issue.

I tested the game using sandbox and it always receives ReceiptAlreadyUsed on restore either using ValidateIOSPurchase or RestoreIOSPurchases.

I've read some posts here and got suggestion to use restorecompletedtransactions which Unity IAP's RestoreTransactions use, but still no luck.

I have some ideas tho..
1. CloudScript access to grant non-consumable items from client, very insecure.
2. Validate receipt manually inside CloudScipt handler, unreliable if because of some random issue, the verification takes more than 5 sec.
3. Try other IAP SDKs.

Can you help and explain to me steps to do purchase restoration properly with PlayFab?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's a fairly complete write-up of this issue in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/6045/restoring-purchases-multiple-playfab-accounts.html. In short, you need to use Client/RestoreIOSPurchases with a receipt you get from a call to restoreCompletedTransactions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.