question

ben-1 avatar image
ben-1 asked

[Unity] No SDK is installed

We recently updated our project to Unity 2018, and now whenever the project is opened, the PlayFab Editor pops up saying 'No SDK is installed'. After clicking install, it works as normal until the project is closed; then the problem repeats.

Any idea on how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

That is a Playfab Unity Editor Extension issue which we are working to fix right now. We will post the fix once it gets completed. Thanks for your patience.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Esteban Feldman avatar image Esteban Feldman commented ·

Hi, came here to see if there is any news on this... I just installed the Unity Editor Extension and every time I Build for android and the process ends... it loses all the info and I have to Refresh and selet the App from the config.

Can I delete the Editor Extension and use the SDK directly after installing the SDK with the Editor Extension?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
toddbell avatar image toddbell Esteban Feldman commented ·

The SDK should be able to be used without the need for Editor Extensions. The extensions are mainly meant for easily downloading the SDK and setting the titleId.

So if you want to skip the EditorExtensions, just make sure you are adding the titleId when your Unity Scene Starts and things should begin to work.

But it would be recommended to not hard code a titleId directly in your scripts, but instead load in a json file with app developer information.

Do you still experience a No SDK installed issue? Or the loss of info after building for android?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.