question

antonioluque avatar image
antonioluque asked

Unity Editor Playfab account Login/Signup issue,Unity Playfab Editor Extension Account Login/SignUp issue

Hello,

So I downloaded the Unity Playfab Editor extension and imported to Unity (I'm working on Unity 2017.3f Pro), tried to login with a previously created account from the website and I it would throw me an "invalid email/password" error. So I decided to créate a new account from the editor extension with a different email address and it did work, it would log in with the new account and everything seems to be working. But I didn't receive any email on this new email address and I can't log in with this new account created from the editor extension in the website.

So what's going on is I have 2 accounts, one that I can log in from the website but not from the unity editor, and the other one that I can log in from the unity editor but not from the website.

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers!

unity3dAccount Management
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vector4Games avatar image Vector4Games commented ·

Hi there,

I have a very similar issue. Created a Playfab account (using an MS account) on the web, installed the latest SDK but on trying to login I'm receiving a "PlayFab EditorExtensions: Caught an error:Invalid email address or password" error. But they're most definitely correct as I've doubled checked by logging into the website again.

Is there a limit on password length? This is using Unity 2019.2.21f1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Hi Anton,

Sorry about the delay in response. This issue should now be resolved. There was a small bug, the bug was fixed about 4 days ago, just after your post.

You should be able to sign-on from the account you created on the website. You should not need 2 accounts.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

katanasimulations avatar image katanasimulations commented ·

I have this exact same problem again using Unity 2018.1.0f2. I was able to create a new account via the Editor Extension, but my existing account (which works via website) will not work to login via Editor Extension. I appreciate your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
katanasimulations avatar image katanasimulations katanasimulations commented ·

I found the problem and it was a tiny little issue. When saving my login password, there was a space at the end of the password by accident. Your web login would handle it without any issue by simply removing the character (or so I assume), but the editor extension would submit the 'space' character as part of the password and return an error.

0 Likes 0 ·
katanasimulations avatar image
katanasimulations answered

@Vector4Games The problem is still the same for me as well. Whenever I copy and paste my password into the Unity EditorExtension, I cannot login. For some odd reason it always adds a space at the end of the password when pasting it, even when I'm 100% sure that when copying the correct password there is no space (or if I paste the password in some other document, there is no space). However, if I manually enter the password into the Unity editor, it works just fine.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.