question

Dan Wilson avatar image
Dan Wilson asked

Game Server Implementation

I am working on a custom game server, and I want to test deployment.

I have been looking through the docs/forums and I am trying to figure out how/where to call "ReadyFoPlayers"?

Referenced here as necessary to get the server to work...

https://api.playfab.com/docs/building-a-thunderhead-game-server

It also mentions the 'Playfab Game Server SDK".

Is that a different SDK then the Server SDK?

I also downloaded the Unity server example from github, (I am not making a unity server) and was hoping to see where it was called in there, but it doesn't exist in that example.

Is this something that is necessary to get the server up an running, or will just command line parameters outlined in this suffice?

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/custom-game-servers

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Those are two different game hosting services in PlayFab. The original (which the custom-game-servers) tutorial refers to works fine as described. We'll be providing more details on the Thunderhead (compute services in Azure) integration shortly - and I've let the doc team know to update that tutorial, as that statement is incorrect. Sorry for the confusion - that should have been caught in the edit pass.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson commented ·

Ok cool thanks!

This is Dan from way back when with Muti Labs, BTW :)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dan Wilson commented ·

Heya, Dan! And actually, let me correct what I said - it turns out there will be a Game Server SDK as part of the update for Azure compute. The tutorial just shouldn't have been available yet. We're working with the team to get everything relevant to the new compute service available as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson brendan commented ·

Ok great. Moving to azure is fun.... I just went through an AWS -> Azure transition, for several product’s back ends...

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.