question

garrygaber avatar image
garrygaber asked

Players Files Title player account and master player account

Is there a way to use one of these two upload file areas to have the installed game upload a file (like a savegame to PlayFab? it would be a great diagnostic tool for developers to have this capability.

Player DataTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, the Entity File system is designed for arbitrary file types. I'd recommend using the Title level for this, since the Master level is for data that's being shared across all titles.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garrygaber avatar image garrygaber commented ·

Is there a cilient command that tells that user ‘s game to upload a specific file to tghe Title level?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan garrygaber commented ·

You would use the https://api.playfab.com/documentation/entity#File API calls for this. The InitiateFileUploads call returns pre-signed URLs that you can then use for the upload.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Brendan -

I have read through the documentation, but cannot figure out how to get the PlayFabEntityAPI to register in a MonoDevelop C# script - I am using Unity 2017.2.0.f3 with the SDK 2.41.180529 (it says this is the latest in the Edex panel. Settings/Project and Settings/Studio are correct, and under Settings/API I've checked Enable Client API and Enable Entity API. I am also up to date on the Editor Extensions (just downloaded it and installed this morning).

I've even tried clicking and reclicking the selection as well as deleting my .sln files and .csprog files, restarting Unity, Mono, etc. to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

g

0 Likes 0 ·
garrygaber avatar image garrygaber garrygaber commented ·

One other note - I cannot autocomplete the 'using PlayFab.EntityModels' at the top of my script, or use 'PlayFabEntityAPI' in a function.

0 Likes 0 ·

Can you try creating a blank project and adding the PlayFab SDK, to see if it works there?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Brendan - it did not work in a blank project. I also made sure that I checked Enable Entity API in settings/api, but still no 'using Playfab.EntityModels' and no 'PlayfabEntityAPI' in Monodevelop.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, I'm asking the tools team to dig into this - hopefully they'll have more info on this soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ garrygaber commented ·

Tools team is on the job! We should have an update within a couple days.

Even if autocomplete doesn't work, Unity should still compile just fine.

Agreed though, lacking autocomplete/intellisense makes writing code much harder, so we'll look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.