question

info-2 avatar image
info-2 asked

GetCatalogItems returns empty properties (discarded in the past)

Hi all,

I have created some new items in our catalog and noticed that some properties, regardless of not entering anything into them, get returned by GetCatalogItems as an empty object. This does not happen with the items that were created few months ago.

I am running a Cloud Script that contains logic depending on item properties. It is checking whether a property exists, but now it seems like it also has to check whether the property is empty or not.

See the following response for example - Title ID F31A.

speed_3 (old item) does not return "Tags" or "Consumable" at all, because Tags were not defined and it is a durable item.

suit_suit (new item) returns "VirtualCurrencyPrices", "Tags" and "Consumable", even if they are not defined. Strangely, "DisplayName" or "Description" is not returned, although they are not defined either, so that work's at least.

{
    "ItemId": "speed_3",
    "CatalogVersion": "1",
    "DisplayName": "speed 3",
    "Description": "gain a speed boost at start. next upgrade: +30%",
    "VirtualCurrencyPrices": {
     "CO": 150
    },
    "CanBecomeCharacter": false,
    "IsStackable": false,
    "IsTradable": false,
    "IsLimitedEdition": false,
    "InitialLimitedEditionCount": 0
},
{
   "ItemId": "suit_suit",
    "CatalogVersion": "1",
    "VirtualCurrencyPrices": {},
    "Tags": [],
    "Consumable": {},
    "CanBecomeCharacter": false,
    "IsStackable": false,
    "IsTradable": false,
    "IsLimitedEdition": false,
    "InitialLimitedEditionCount": 0
}
apisIn-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, we've reproduced this issue and have filed a bug to get it fixed as soon as possible. In the short term, yes, I'd have to recommend checking the values.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.