question

glen avatar image
glen asked

GetPlayerProfile does not return all linked account ids of a given platform

Specifically I'm trying to get all linked ids for the "Custom" platform. I only seem to get one every time. If I link a second CustomID to an account, that new CustomID is the only one I'll get back next time I query. Yet other ids must exist because I'm still able to use them to log into the account.

Expected result is that all CustomID's would be retrieved.

I notice the same result in the Game Manager. Only the most recently added CustomID shows.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct - please see this thread for more info on this: https://community.playfab.com/questions/7619/linking-multiple-of-same-platform.html.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Short version: Only the most recently signed-in of each platform type is shown. We have a backlog item to show all linked IDs for every platform in a future update.

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen commented ·

Count me on the list of people who'd like to have all ids returned.

Additionally, I seem to be getting slightly different results than what you're describing. After adding a second CustomID "InfoResultPayload.AccountInfo.CustomIdInfo.CustomId" seems to be the most recent id used to log in. But "GetPlayerProfile" seems to be the most recently added id. For my scenario the info result payload is from the client but the GetPlayerProfile is done in CloudScript.

I actually prefer that GetPlayerProfile return the most recently added id as it currently does. Although returning all ids would be better of course.

Also, in the Game Manager if I unlink the second CustomID no custom ids will appear anymore for that account even though there is still the first id linked to the account.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.