question

ebridavid avatar image
ebridavid asked

OnEnter Segment send message notification to the client app

Hello, there's a simple way to send to my player a message inside the game when he enter's a segment? Push Notification it's not what i like to do, but i want to inform him anyway.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For a message to be sent to a player, there has to be a communication channel available. Right now, we provide Push Notifications and Email as options from PlayStream Actions. Later this year, we'll be providing a persistent connection to the client as an option, so that you can send arbitrary data to it while the player is connected.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zlowrance avatar image zlowrance commented ·

Any ETA on the persistent connection bit?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan zlowrance commented ·

Please have a look at our recent blog post on the work we're doing this quarter - we call out the persistent connection in that write-up. https://blog.playfab.com/blog/playfab-roadmap-2018-q3-july-september-edition

0 Likes 0 ·
Anas Siraj avatar image Anas Siraj brendan commented ·

Any update on this? @Brendan Is this feature implemented yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.