question

cloudywater avatar image
cloudywater asked

Duplicate playfab username and LoginWithPlayFab has issues

I don't know how or why this happened, but playfab started returning "username not found" on LoginWithPlayFab, although I verified an account existed with that username in my player accounts list. Logging in with the email associated with the account still works fine. This lead to the interesting situation where I was able to create multiple master player accounts with the same username ("test2") but with different email addresses, which should not be allowed if I understand the playfab system correctly. I would prefer players to be able to login with their usernames, but if master player account usernames aren't unique then I guess I'm stuck with email address only logins.

My Title ID is C036. Player ID 7FEBCFB3D8BFD708 (test1) can log in with email, but logging in with username "test1" returns username not found. Player ID 79C94AB28C66753A, BA9CC7483788E11F, and 7B448AE9B9523E3A all share the username "test2", but have separate email addresses. Logging in with username "test2" seems to log in the most recently created account.

If anyone has any ideas as to how best to handle this let me know.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you reproduce this at all? I'd greatly appreciate any additional details you have. Simply put, you managed to somehow create users with Usernames, but with no Username entry in the correct data table. That shouldn't be possible, and I've literally never seen this happen in any other title. I added the entry for test1, and there's an entry for test2 (the account you keep signing into). I'd recommend deleting the two player accounts that look like they have test2, but that's your call.

But any details you can provide - or, ideally, steps for a repro - would be appreciated.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Oh, but yes, the design of the service is that Username on the Master Account is always unique.

0 Likes 0 ·
cloudywater avatar image cloudywater brendan commented ·

I'm not actually sure how it happened or how to reproduce. I created the accounts, gave them some item and VC bundles through the admin panel, added some user data and user read only data, logged in and out a few times, and left them alone for a few days. When I came back, attempting to login with the username and LoginWithPlayFab returned a PlayFabError saying "username not found". In all cases, the accounts worked at first and then stopped working after a period of time not being used. I'll let you know if it happens again.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan cloudywater commented ·

Thanks - I've tried a number of variations on that and haven't been able to reproduce the error, so any additional info you can provide would be appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.