question

fiercy avatar image
fiercy asked

Facebook Friends Not Showing in GetFriends

So, I have app registered on Facebook and it Has User Friends permissions.

I have two accounts that use LoginWithFacebook

Both accounts added each other as friends on facebook

I Login just fine and I am able to load Avatar Pictures but my friend list is still empty.

Is there anything else I don't know?

I also added Facebook ID and Secret for Facebook Payments which I don't use but I thought that might help.

My title ID is 3069.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The issue is that if the player hasn't signed in via Facebook (LoginWithFacebook) for a while, the token we have from Facebook has expired, and so we can no longer make server-to-server calls on behalf of the player. We're working on a potential change to help with this, but for now I'd recommend making sure to use the Facebook login every few hours, to make sure we have a current token.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiercy avatar image fiercy commented ·

This happens second within I am loging in with Facebook on both accounts so its not that.

0 Likes 0 ·

it’s not that I am literally logining with Facebook all the the time within seconds from checking if I have a friend or not. Both accounts are mine.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fiercy commented ·

Can you please provide the specifics of the Title ID and both PlayFab IDs, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
fiercy avatar image fiercy brendan commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

As I have said before I am logging from both these test accounts to test this get friends function and see the result.

I do the request within seconds on login in with both accounts as I've said before.

The reason for last login date is simply to me not testing it again.

I have just retested them and I still get 0 friends.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fiercy commented ·

Sorry, but prior to today, those accounts hadn't signed in for days, so it wouldn't have been possible for the friends functionality to have returned Facebook friends when you originally asked. I do see that you've signed in both players in the last day, so it should be working. The only way I could see them not showing up would be if they're not friends in Facebook, which I'm assuming isn't the case based on your info, or else because one or both player accounts have their privacy settings set to not allow apps to get that info. Could you check that latter part?

0 Likes 0 ·
chrissimon avatar image
chrissimon answered

@fiercy,
You might want to check if you have added your FB app id and secret key in your add-ons page in playfab.

1 comment
10 |1200

chrissimon avatar image chrissimon commented ·

Nevermind! You already did that! Cant seem to delete answer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.