question

dgupta avatar image
dgupta asked

Fast/Instant Title Data Update

I have title data that I would like to update very quickly. Specifically, I have certain bundles that users can purchase. But I want to put a limit on the total amount of bundles that can be purchased. So, lets say 100 bundles can be purchased and the user buys one theres only 99 left. I was thinking of using title data, but that takes 15mins to sync everywhere. I was wondering if theres a faster global variable I can use. Does the title data in the entity api also take 15 mins to sync everywhere? Maybe I can use that.

Thanks!

Title DataentitiesShared Group Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We do not currently provide a data system that you could use to synchronize updates across all users. However, specific to your use case, we do have a "Limited Edition" definition on catalog items. Setting that means that the item in question has a limited total number across all users in your game. So, turn it on and set it to 100, and only 100 can be purchased/granted to your users, across the entire game.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dgupta avatar image dgupta commented ·

Ok sounds good I think I can use that for now. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.