question

studioalfredwalker avatar image
studioalfredwalker asked

How can I get player data of specific key for all registered user?

I launched my mobile game recently, but low retention rate is torturing me.

So I want to figure out when all those users stop the game by analyzing player data.

Currently my game stores stage clear information for all stages to JSON format like

[{"isUnlocked":false,"ID":1,"clearedCount":1,"record":12},{"isUnlocked":true,"ID":2,"clearedCount":2,"record":0},{"isUnlocked":false,"ID":3,"clearedCount":3,"record":0},

...{"isUnlocked":false,"ID":251,"clearedCount":4,"record":0}]

All player has their own player data of key named "stages", and that key stores data to an above format.

My vague plan was parsing all those player data by downloading all JSON data for users, but I couldn't find out PlayFab supported function that offers all player data in specific format.

(excel, csv, and etc).

Is it impossible to download all player's player data at once?

If it is impossible, is there any way to get

average play time for very first session(or total play time) after login without client update?

I'm absolutely desperate to escape from low retention rate.

I will be grateful if you could provide any suggestion to track those data.

p.s. My project ID is 95C1

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

First of all, please have a look at https://community.playfab.com/questions/10532/export-player-data.html

On retention end; we took a peek at your title and noticed that you are not using events to signal the things you are looking for, and you are not using stats to track anything. Right now, economy events - VC changes, purchases, inventory adds are the what you have - if you can determine where the player is in the game from that, you might be able to use them. And, you have login info for each player, so at least you know when they signed in (and how often). But if you cannot get it from that, you will need to add events to track the additional info you need. But Note that any events sent to date cannot be sent out via Webhooks or Event Archive - that's only going to get your events from when you turn that on. Your events to date will only be in Snowflake.

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/getting-started-with-playfab-snowflake

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.