question

matthewhilson avatar image
matthewhilson asked

Using RealCurrencyPrices in the Steam non-receipt purchase flow

Hello,

I am looking to pay for purchases using various RealCurrencyPrices through the Steam Overlay when calling PayForPurchase. Currently I am setting the Store and Catalog items (SetCatalogItems and SetCatalogItems) with a RealCurrencyPrices value and retrieving the Catalog and Store items (GetCatalogItems and GetStoreItems), then within the callback I output the RealCurrencyPrices to verify they have been set, which they have.

But when I start the purchase flow with 'StartPurchase' which includes the Catalog and Store Ids set, the callback result (StartPurchaseResult) doesn't include the RealCurrencyPrices that I previously set within the Catalog and Store (The PaymentOptions only include 'Steam' and 'Test' which are the RM prices set for that item).

So when I start a 'PayForPurchase' request I get an error "PurchaseInitializationFailure Error Message Item can not be bought with GBP, no GBP price specified.". I am wondering if it's possible to pay for purchases in Steam with RealCurrencyPrices that are set in Store/Catalog items or have I missed something? Rather then the RM price specified.

I can verify on the Dashboard that the Catalog RealCurrencyPrices have been set within the Json, but the RealCurrencyPrices field for the Store items are null.

Thank you

If required, TitleID is : 'BD6A'

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
comc avatar image
comc Deactivated answered

https://community.playfab.com/questions/15898/using-steam-purchasing-with-non-usd-prices.html

Please email support@playfab.com with your TitleID if you would like the Conversion Service turned on for your title. Please read the message above from Brendan about what will happen when the service is enabled.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

matthewhilson avatar image matthewhilson commented ·

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I have tested this as well with a title that has the 'Conversion Service' turned on, the only difference between the flows is that StartPurchaseResult returns PaymentOptions with your local currency, but when trying to purchase with that currency I get the error 'PurchaseInitializationFailure Error Message Item can not be bought with GBP, no GBP price specified.' Even though there is a currency and price specified in the return.

In the thread above linked (https://community.playfab.com/questions/15898/using-steam-purchasing-with-non-usd-prices.html) Brendan's last sentence mentions the feature is not yet implemented "We do have a backlog item for a future update, to enable RealCurrencyPrices to be used directly, though I'm afraid we don't have a date for that just yet.". This was November of last year. I'm assuming this feature is not yet supported?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan matthewhilson commented ·

Correct - RealCurrencyPrices is not used, currently. We have a backlog item to add that in future, but as there have been very few requests for this, it has not been prioritized.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.