question

infourban avatar image
infourban asked

Shared Group Data disappear?

The Shared Group Data seems to disappear when the player who creates the group logout. So, we cannot achieve the persist data. Is this working ok?, so how can we store data for persist games??

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There actually isn't a concept of "log out" in Playfab. Players log in, and are given a session ticket which is valid for 24 hours - currently, that ticket cannot be revoked before that time. Also, Shared Group Data can only be removed via API calls to either remove the key/value pair, or else delete the Shared Group - nothing else would get rid of it.

What is the Title ID and Shared Group ID you are using for your test, and what is the sequence of steps in your repro (the API calls and the values passed into the parameters)?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidjohn2121 avatar image davidjohn2121 commented ·

thanks for the information

0 Likes 0 ·
infourban avatar image infourban commented ·

Hello Brendan thank you for the answer! It makes sense, but it is not working in practice.

The Title ID is 1B4F, and the shared group ID is handToHandPersist-cristianTest1-cristian10.

The sequence of steps is very simple, I created the group from Cloud Script with server.CreateSharedGroup "handToHandPersist-cristianTest1-cristian10". If you check right now, the group is alive, but the strange reason is that I'm keeping user who creates the group "online". In the exact moment I disconnect the user, the group disappears.

0 Likes 0 ·
infourban avatar image infourban infourban commented ·

Nevermind! It was a call from a hidden function to clean garbage data. Sorry, it just drived me crazy.

Thank you again!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.