question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

Login with Email fails on Windows

Hi there,

I tried to login to PlayFab with the LoginWithEmailAdress. The user was created and added an email adress incl. the password.

Now when I try to authenticate, the error code says: "Invalid email adress or password".

Don't know why and what does not work. I have the following code:

private async void LogIn_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            var email = await PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithEmailAddressAsync(new LoginWithEmailAddressRequest()
            {

Email = EMail.Text,
                Password = Passwort.Text
            });
            if (email.Error != null)
            {
                txtDebug3.Text = email.Error.ErrorMessage.ToString();
            }
            else
            {
                txtDebug3.Text = email.Error.ErrorMessage.ToString();
            }
        }

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Michael
Authenticationwindows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I've just tested LoginWithEmailAddress, and can confirm that it works as expected. Also, looking at the service metrics in general, there are a number of titles using it without issues. The error message indicates that either the email address you've passed in, or the password, is incorrect. Can you please provide the specifics of the Title ID where you're seeing this issue, and confirm that it's okay for us to create a player account in it to confirm?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelbb avatar image michaelbb commented ·

Hi Brendan,

sorry so late reply….was off for some time. But in the meantime, I managed to figure out where the problem was, and right, it works :-)

Best wishes,

Michael

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan michaelbb commented ·

Do you mind letting us know what the actual issue was, so that others who run into the same problem have that info?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.