question

v-malauz avatar image
v-malauz asked

How to properly use Client/Matchmake? Getting confusing authentication issues.

The other API calls I've tried have let me authenticate using the session ticket from `Client/LoginWithCustomID`. For some reason `Client/Matchmake` always returns Unauthorized no matter what.

I've tried testing with an online service making manual POST requests without any luck.

I'm guessing that I'm either using the API wrong or that the title entry is bugged or corrupt somehow. Any help would be appreciated.

apisAuthenticationMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The issue here is that the service is returning an incorrect error if there are no builds (Build ID) or game modes defined for the title. We've got a bug filed to get this fixed (should return something like "invalid build").

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What is the Title ID in this case? Also, can you check that the title's API policy has not been set to disallow Client/Matchmake (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/permission-policies)?

2 comments
10 |1200

v-malauz avatar image v-malauz commented ·

The Title ID is B980A380. We've just been using the API for prototyping so I'm fairly certain that no permissions have been set for Client/Matchmake, but I'll look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
v-malauz avatar image v-malauz v-malauz commented ·

by the by, I did get around to checking the API policy, and I got this in response, so I'm pretty sure the permission policy is not the issue.

{
  "code": 200,
  "status": "OK",
  "data": {
    "PolicyName": "ApiPolicy",
    "Statements": [
      {
        "Resource": "pfrn:api--*",
        "Action": "*",
        "Effect": "Allow",
        "Principal": "*",
        "Comment": "The default allow all statement."
      }
    ]
  }
}
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.