question

carlos avatar image
carlos asked

How can I make login from Unity using sessionTicket via website?

We have successfully created a login in our website, but inside the website there are many unity games, so we want to be able to login users using a single sign on so they don't have to login twice: on the website and on the game. Is that possible? what is the best approach?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, you should log into the title from the client. I'd advise against having the client send the Session Ticket to your site, since that would create a potential security vulnerability, but if you have a way to have an effective trusted connection between the player and the site, you could potentially do that.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlos avatar image carlos commented ·

Thanks for you quick reply Brendan, that being the case, what would be a simple (and safe) approach for this? We want to avoid our users to make a log in every time they enter a game and we are aiming for them to only log in once on the web page so they don't have to login on each individual game (client).

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan carlos commented ·

I don't believe what you're describing is a realistic option. If each game is a separate Title ID in PlayFab, the player must sign into each.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.