question

kevin-4 avatar image
kevin-4 asked

Where can you find Publisher level data?

I had a PlayFab account linked to a player that was created via an Android log in. When I deleted the player and then re-entered the game, it created a new player with a new title level ID, as expected. However I saw that the PlayFab account linked to the previously deleted player was now auto-linked to this new title-level player.

Reading the info about 'master player accounts', I see this is because the PlayFab account (and all other external logins like Steam and Facebook) was linked to the user's master player account that spans all of a studio's titles.

My question is, where can we go to see this publisher level data with all master player accounts? I understand from a previous question that you can't 'unlink' an email/password type account from a player, but I thought deleting the player would at least do the unlinking inherently.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-4 avatar image kevin-4 commented ·

So couple notes. I began doing a bit more testing and saw the following:

1. Unlinking the android ID from the title-level account *before* deleting the player made the system create a new title-level player AND a new publisher level player. The PlayFab username, email and password was no longer auto linked to this new player.
  2. With this new account, I linked facebook, then deleted the account *without* unlinking the android ID first. Upon logging back in, a new player account was created but the old playfab ID remained. However, this new account did *not* have Facebook auto linked. So I linked Facebook client-side and got a success response, however on the backend in the Game Manager dashboard, Facebook was not shown to be linked to the player. And sure enough, attempting to unlink Facebook at this point returns the error that Facebook was not linked to this account (even tho it let me link in the previous step).

So I'm still massively confused about when the master player account comes into play when deleting title-level players. The continuous linking of accounts between deleted players seems inconsistent. And also there seems to be a bug when it comes to Facebook, as noted above.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Players tab in the Game Manager shows the Master Player Account information for the player. Deleting a player from a title does not remove the Master Player info. Deleting the player's information from PlayFab entirely does (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/gdpr-is-coming-new-features-from-playfab-to-help-you-prepare).

The Master Player Account is where the account linkages live. If you unlink one, you unlink it for all titles that share the Master Player Account for that real-world person.

For the Facebook case, we'd need more specifics of your repro. If you are logged into a player account in PlayFab, and use LinkFacebookAccount successfully, that Facebook account will show up on the Master Player Account - I've just re-tested that in my own title, and it works fine.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-4 avatar image kevin-4 commented ·

Can you look into the only title attached to this account (69CB)? It's a title for testing. Player ID is FADD9B90D5D5C143; it was created with an Android ID. I'm fairly sure this is a bug and here's why:

I linked a Facebook to this player client side and got a success message (lets call this Player1). However Game Manager didn't show a Facebook linked. I then tried to unlink Facebook client side from Player1 and got a no Facebook linked message, even though once again the previous step returned a success message.

I then unlinked the Android device attached, and logged into the game again (creating a new 'Player', let's call this Player2). From Player2 I tried to link Facebook and got back an error (Facebook was already linked to another account... strange). I then logged out of Player2, and from my start up screen (which prompts for an optional log-in if you already have an account), attempted to log into my Facebook. It allowed me to log-in... to Player1! So Player1 was clearly successfully linked to Facebook even though Game Manager doesn't show it, and client side unlinking doesn't work.

So I have left the player up so you all can look into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-4 avatar image kevin-4 kevin-4 commented ·

Also under the Event History for Player1 above (FADD9B90D5D5C143) it shows a player_logged_in event... using Facebook. But again Game Manager doesn't show it as linked, and UnlinkFacebookAccount from client-side gives back the Facebook not linked to this account error.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-4 avatar image kevin-4 kevin-4 commented ·

Is anyone looking into this? I want to know so I don't delete the player in question as I do more testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kevin-4 commented ·

Please bear in mind that it can take up to a couple of business days for us to get back to you on a thread, when we are (like now) experiencing a particularly heavy load.

For your scenario, I tried the exact steps you described, and I cannot reproduce your results. Every time I link a Facebook account to a PlayFab account, it shows up in the Game Manager. Is there anything else at all you're doing as part of your steps? What are the privacy settings on the Facebook account (just thinking that if it's particularly restrictive, maybe that's causing an issue in getting the Facebook ID, possibly)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.