question

denizoncoding avatar image
denizoncoding asked

Playstream unexpected event

Hello all,

Today four different events are shown in my dashboard at PlayStream. These events are: player created, account linked and title changed. But I didn't release my game. I have just integrated PlayFab to Unity and don't create anything.

Am I hacked ? How the player was created ?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Can you let us know your TitleID please, we would like to investigate the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
denizoncoding avatar image denizoncoding pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Unfortunately I've deleted my studio directly and don't remember TitleID sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The concept of "hacked" doesn't really apply. "Hacking" your game would be gaining access to the Game Manager for your title, or getting ahold of your Secret Key, so that the hacker could make configuration changes to the title.

The account linked event would be as a result of a login or link Client API call. The "title changed" event would depend upon what it is - can you provide the specific event?

In short, anyone calling your API endpoints from the Client API can call any of the API methods that are available for your title. They do need to log into an account first, of course. But past that, it's down to what API endpoints you leave open in the policy doc for your title. You should expect that any available endpoint will have hackers trying to find a way to exploit it (which is why statistic updates and VC balance change API calls are off by default, in the Client API).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

denizoncoding avatar image denizoncoding commented ·

Unfortunately I've deleted my studio directly and don't remember spesific events. Thank you for informing me.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.