question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

HUGE BUG (2 users with the same username)

luizcarlosfx
started a topic on Sat, 07 February 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hi,

My username in my main playfab account is luizcarlosfx, and now I can't login with this account on my game.

I was creating my facebook integration code so I login with facebook and after account creation I called AddUsernamePassword request, so just for sake of testing i set the username to be LUIZCARLOSFX (upper case). Now I'm unable to login with my old luizcarlosfx account, and on the game manager I can only see the player that has the username luizcarlosfx and the LUIZCARLOSFX one is not visible.

I did't think you would have such an amateur's bug. Please fix this.

Note: On the game game still login with my old luizcarlosfx account

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

9 Comments
luizcarlosfx said on Sat, 07 February 2015 at 1:28 PM

Now I can find the user on the game manager by searching for his playfabid. But this does not solves my problem, as I can't delete user account neither change username.

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 08 February 2015 at 5:57 PM

This is a known issue with the Game Manager which is related to our recent update to add Publisher ID account creation and login (so that each title can have a separate space for users, to prevent collisions with the usernames for the existing accounts), and will be fixed shortly. Rest assured that the information is, as you saw with the specific PlayFab ID lookup, still being tracked - you can still query all the data for your users via the Web API calls.

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 4:36 PM

As you may have seen already, the issue is fixed and new players are showing up in the Players screen. One thing to be aware of is that players created prior to yesterday, who have not used any Login API call since account creation, may not show up on the list as they don't have a Login entry in our Redshift data. The simple fix for this is to just sign them in, and they'll show up. We're looking into adding Login entries for accounts in this state, but since Session Tokens only last 24 hours, this should be a very small number of users in real testing.

Account deletion is not an option in production, due to the risk of accidental deletion of a real user's account. We will have a sandbox environment available in an upcoming release, in which we'll provide more account options, such as deletion of test accounts.

Brendan

luizcarlosfx said on Thu, 12 February 2015 at 7:53 PM

I still have 2 users with the same username. This is a bug. I am able to create duplicate an username registering the second with upper case letters, but I'm not able to login with these two accounts. Right now I am unable to login with my main account.

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 13 February 2015 at 12:20 AM

There's definitely something not right with these two accounts. We'll get them straightened out, but do you have a repro case we can use to track down the root cause?

Brendan

luizcarlosfx said on Fri, 13 February 2015 at 3:15 AM

1. From Unity3D API I called LoginWithFacebook(), and CreateAccount was set to true

2. After that I called AddUsernamePassword, and I Username was set to "LUIZCARLOSFX".

3. To my surprise the request returned with success result. The problem is that I already have an account with username luizcarlosfx (lower case).

4. Of course, when I call LoginWithPlayFab() with username="luizcarlosfx" the system only returns one of these two accounts (the upper case one)

The problem is on AddUsernamePassword api call, for some reason it fails to check if a username already exists. I don't know which programming language or framework you do use, but instead of checking:

if(user.Username.equals(newUser.Username) 

{

}

you should use something like:

if(user.Username.equalsIgnoreCase(newUser.Username)

{

}

Thanks

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 13 February 2015 at 4:58 PM

Thanks for that! Using your repro info, we managed to find the one way in which this could occur. We've created a fix for this which will be deployed to our system shortly, and we'll be going through the data to find and touch up any instances of users with the same Username as another user.

Brendan

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 26 February 2015 at 3:53 PM

Update: The fix was deployed shortly after my last note (so that no new accounts could be created in that state), and we've just completed a pass to clean up any outstanding accounts in this state. If you had two accounts with the same Username, they are now distinct, with all but one having had a random number appended to the end of the Username. If you used the same email address between these accounts however, you will still need to update that manually. To do so, go to the account in question in the Game Manager, click the "Unlock" button, change the email address, and click "Save".

luizcarlosfx said on Fri, 27 February 2015 at 12:12 PM

Thanks Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.