question

alecb avatar image
alecb asked

Are Player Statistics updates guaranteed to be readable immediately for a particular player?

Leaderboards and Statistics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alecb avatar image alecb commented ·

Specifically, if I update a stat for a player and then call GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams with GetPlayerStatistics = true, can I rely on the result to be accurate? I want to use stats to track achievement progress using the sum aggregation method

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

Stats are always accurate, but profiles are not, this is due to when you update your Stats, you have also had to update your profile.

"GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams" is profile

So what happens is just because the stat is updated, doesn't means that the profile gets updated instantly so it could be off a bit. To sum it up, there is a small delay before the profile is fully up-to-date with that information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.