question

vivi avatar image
vivi asked

GetFriendsList returning null for TitleDisplayName

Hi,

GetFriendsList function is only returning the FriendPlayFabId. It returns null for everything else. I want to get the TitleDisplayName but it is null for some reason. Yesterday it was being returned perfectly. Not today though.

I assume you guys changed something or its a bug.

Here is my function call

PlayFabClientAPI.GetFriendsList(new GetFriendsListRequest()
{
},
result =>
{
	for (int i = 0; i < result.Friends.Count; i++)
	{
		print(result.Friends[i].TitleDisplayName);
	}

Debug.Log("friends list retrieved successfully");
},
error =>
{
	Debug.Log("Failed to get friends list ");
	Debug.Log(error.GenerateErrorReport());
});

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rob avatar image rob commented ·

I'm seeing the same thing. Suddenly all our friend list stuff in our live game stopped working.

0 Likes 0 ·
vivi avatar image vivi commented ·

I did a bit more investigating and found that if you add a friend by calling the playfab API the "Display name" does not show up in the dashboard in the friend's section of the player.

However, if I go to the dashboard and add a new friend from there, the "Display name" is saved.

0 Likes 0 ·
david-marcelis avatar image david-marcelis commented ·

It seems a change has happened in their backend about how to handle the optional parameter ProfileConstraints.

If you provide the following it should work again:

{ 
	"ProfileConstraints": {
		"ShowDisplayName": true
	}
}
0 Likes 0 ·
david-marcelis avatar image david-marcelis david-marcelis commented ·

Actually, this would not return TitleDisplayName, but only Profile.DisplayName

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for the heads-up - we are investigating this, and will get back to you as soon as we can.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Sorry for the silence - this was answered in another thread, but to make sure everyone has the info: This was a temporary issue which was resolved the same day.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.