question

joehot200 avatar image
joehot200 asked

How can I remember the username and password for future log-ins?

Hi,

I am looking to reduce the friction of subsequent logins, by making my PC game remember the username and (if they tick a check box, of course) password.

When the player opens the game, I would like the last username and password to already appear in the text box, simply allowing the user to click "log in" without any additional effort.

What would be the most secure way to do this with PlayFab?

Thank you

Joe

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Since you'd need to be signed in to retrieve data (since, if you could retrieve data without being signed in, there would be effectively zero security on this), this isn't really something you'd do with our service. What you'll want to do is save the username locally (I can't really recommend saving the password locally as well, since that's a security risk), and automatically fill that in for the player.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.