question

slothstin avatar image
slothstin asked

PayPal Payment Redirect

I'm setting up PayPal payments through PlayFab and I noticed a couple issues with the redirects after r confirming or canceling the payment on the PayPal checkout page.

When confirming, PayPal redirects to our website just fine, but the orderId query param in the url is missing an '=' like so: mysite.com/paypal?orderId9813221252226324993. Not sure if that's on your end or PayPal.

When canceling via the "Cancel and return to XYZ" link in the PayPal checkout page, it just redirects to a PlayFab site that is empty. Something like:

https://abcd.playfabapi.com/ThirdPartyPayments/PayPalCancel?playfabId=36587A1CE47D75B2&orderid=9813221252226324993&;...

I would expect it to redirect to the site we submitted in the settings.

In-Game EconomyPartner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, I've reproduced both of the things you're seeing, and filed bugs on them. In the case of the =, we'll need to have a look at how other titles are using this, as simply adding the = could be a breaking change for existing titles.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

slothstin avatar image slothstin commented ·

Ok, thank you! Understandable, I can hack around the orderId jumble for now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.