question

concepthealth avatar image
concepthealth asked

Facebook Login + Credit Card details.

Hi There,

I am new to Playfab and not a developer. I am in the process of getting the team together to develop game based on mobile VR platform. I have the following three questions.

1. Facebook Login and Post. My game requires player to post the leadership score to his/her facebook feed. Do I need a FB developer account / app or this function can be achieved from within Playfab.

2. Credit Card details. Our game requires player to enter its credit card details. Can this be achieved using playfab and unity combination and we use playfab to process the transactions?

3. Game update: Can I use Playfab online connectivity service to force game update instead of having our own servers to acheive the same. We aim to update the game every 2 months and want the game to automatically download the new levels in the background and install it when the game starts next time.

Thanks in advance for helping us out.

Kind regards

Farhan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

1. Our Facebook integration allows you to use the player's Facebook account as a sign-in path for getting to the PlayFab account. That's the account in our service that all the data/stats/etc. are associated with, for the player. We also integrate with the Facebook friends system, so that we can show you a leaderboard of players and scores that is filtered to just your friends, as well as give you info on your Facebook friends who play the game. However, those leaderboards are PlayFab leaderboards - not Facebook leaderboards. If you want to write to Facebook leaderboards, you would write to them directly, using the Facebook SDK.

2. No. PlayFab is not a payment processor. We integrate with a number of payment processors, including Facebook, PayPal, and Xsolla, as well as provide receipt validation for iTunes, Google Play, Windows Store, Amazon, and entitlement checks for Playstation Network and Xbox Live.

3. It depends upon your implementation. If you use asset packages for your game and those are what you're updating, it's possible to use our CDN as the store for your packages, and have a master index of version info in Title Data. You could check that on startup, and have the client download the latest packages, if it's not up-to-date.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.