question

Michael Lefebvre avatar image
Michael Lefebvre asked

Players not being populated into Players Panel

About a week or so ago, our players stopped being populated when going to the players page. When going there now it shows a bunch of users, mostly recent logins, but its kind of random who will be in there. We are not sure. When we used to go there it was in order and we were able to scroll down to see more and more. But now it doesnt work. Any idea what is causing this? There is no way to populate all users now.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's actually never been a way to populate all users in that screen - it only shows a list of most-recently signed in users, and only a limited number of them. For any live game with a non-trivial number of users, that page is really most useful when using the search functionality. It's largely only when you're in development that having the recently signed-in users is valuable. But I can assure you that the list is still always the most recent sign-ins. If you think a player isn't showing up on the page, when they're the only person to recently sign in, can you provide details of your repro?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andymaddison avatar image andymaddison commented ·

@Brendan For me it's been happening for weeks. When I go to the Players page the default query is "Most recent logins" but it never shows a single player unless I change the query to "Highest value to date". I can then change the query back to "Most recent logins" and then it will list the players. I hope you can fix this as it's just frustrating. My app is in development so there are only a few players but I'm using that page a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andymaddison commented ·

Hm. Thanks - I'll open a bug on this, so that the team gets this fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Update: This was actually a deliberate change. The issue is that the search time grows as your player base grows, so rather than make users wait on the player page to load with the list of players by last sign-in (which was the default), we load the page immediately, so that you can do just the search you need.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.