question

eliowrite avatar image
eliowrite asked

Cannot start my custom server from the PlayFabClientAPI,Сannot start my custom server from the PlayFabClientAPI

I’m sorry, if my question is very simple. I spent a lot of time and energy on it, but I didn’t find the answer.
I'm working with Unity and I want to run my custom server. As I understand it, the test case is located in this repository: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer
Following the instructions, I build and unload it ("build" tab on the dashboard).

Previously, I assign “Title Id” and other data in the scene (public serializable fields).
My server’s unloading is successful, but its behavior makes me feel sad.
It does not matter if I call “PlayFabClientAPI.Matchmake”, or “PlayFabClientAPI.StartGame”, I get “ServiceUnavailable, 500 Internal Server Error, 400 BadRequest”.

Strange, but the calls of API methods are registered in the dashboard of my application.
I guess they reach my custom server, but then ... "Something went wrong".

By the way, as a client I use the project-example too (https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer).

I will be very grateful for any help.
Thank you for your time.

unity3dCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Once you've activated your Build ID in a Region, you do have to wait for a server to reach the Running state before you start testing. That's why we have the min available instances and max instances per host settings - between getting a server allocated, imaging it with the AMI, downloading your Zip to it, and decompressing to the right folder, that can take several minutes.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eliowrite avatar image eliowrite commented ·

Thank you for your answer, I'll try to wait a while.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.