question

Damian Rajamanie avatar image
Damian Rajamanie asked

HTTP ERROR 500 trying to view Player

I created my first player with PlayFab and I cannot view ANY detalis for him, it consistently comes up with a 'This page isn't working' web page. My 2nd and 3rd players work fine. I cannot even view the player to delete him. This doesn't bode well for us, I'm testing out Playfab as a solution, but if I could have a product Live and not be able to get at players... what do I do? Anyone have experience with this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, I've never seen that before. The only way I could see it happening is if someone in your team deleted the player before you tried to view it. What's the specific URL you're trying to view?

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Damian Rajamanie avatar image Damian Rajamanie commented ·

https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/BA50/players/A05D60DEA7D5F3DF/overview

This was the first guy created using the Custom Creation, basically I was following the tutorial.

I had done this with a previous Title which had the title ID of Feba, I was getting confused between the ID and the Name and thought I'd done something wrong so I did delete that Title. I then created a NEW Title BA50 and did the same tutorial style code to create, but did it in my app for some inmplementation testing. I doubt that should make a differnece as it was, should be for all intents a different game, but I had deleted a title - perhaps this guy was linked to that title? The same Custom Name would have been used to create him... hmmm

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Damian Rajamanie commented ·

The only way the player account from the other title would have any impact on any player in this title would be if the titles had the same Publisher ID. That, by default, can only happen within a single Studio, so that's not the case, here.

I've reproduced the issue, and we're checking into what's causing it now. We'll update as soon as we have more info.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, be keen to know what's going on if we're to choose this as our platform

0 Likes 0 ·

It's specifically a Game Manager issue, and actually did turn out to be because the player was deleted from another title in your studio. I was planning on waiting 'till the fix was live to reply, but it's in test right now. You should be able to see the player later today.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Okay, it's fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks I see the player details now. I take it that it is now safe to delete players from other titles and not have this issue? or was this just a fix for my one guy?

0 Likes 0 ·

It was a Game Manager issue, but it has been fixed, so you're good to go.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.