Hi there, I was unable to locate a guide for the recommended way to handle network reachability issues on mobile devices (or really on ANY devices).
Currently using the latest Unity SDK.
Let's walk through two cases:
Case 1: Attempt to log in with no internet
- Error: (what error would this be? It's not mentioned on this page in the documentation)
- What event can I register to, to attempt to log in again when the network becomes available? Is this something your API supports? Recommended cross-platform solutions, if not?
Case 2: Attempt to log in with internet, but Playfab servers not responding
- Error: what error would this be? DownstreamServiceUnavailable (1127)?
- I assume for this one I would retry with an exponential delay back-off as explained in the above linked article?
Case 3: Attempt to call any API call without internet
- Error: (what error would this be?)
- Is there a callback that tells me when the player gets logged out because they lost an internet connection before I try to send an API call? Or is the proper methodology to be reactive when I get an error from the API call?
Case 4: Attempt to call any API call, but Playfab servers not responding
- Error: (what error would this be?) DownstreamServiceUnavailable (1127)?
- Would I need to first log the player back in before attempting this again?
A guide on required logic flow order and recommendations for what to do specifically in the case of loss of connectivity would be super useful.