question

terrypapamarkou avatar image
terrypapamarkou asked

transferring items between players

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to build a system where players can request an item and other players in their clan can donate them - just like clash royale.

I have the clan entities getting created and the photon chat working so I can spawn the request OK but I can't get my head around how the donation part will work. From the donators end I can just reduce their card count by however many they donate, but how do I then give those items to the other player?

Thanks

entitiesPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We’ll be adding an integrated “bank” for groups in a future update, so that you can have folks contribute VC or items that other players can request/take (depending on their rank/permissions, of course), but for right now, the simplest route would be to use the Trading API calls to set up items as being donated, and track on them in an Entity File where you note the items and the Trade IDs. You’d use Cloud Script as the way to gate who can get information about the Trades, so that only players with the right permissions could finalize the Trade (and so, take the item).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shigeki Miyake-Stoner avatar image Shigeki Miyake-Stoner commented ·

Can you provide any update here @Brendan?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Shigeki Miyake-Stoner commented ·

For features where we haven't stated a specific date yet, it's best to not plan around using them if you have a release coming up. The problem is that our schedule is being adjusted constantly to meet the needs of the live service. In this case, while we originally wanted to go this route, we realized that the higher priority was on building a replacement for the existing commerce service, so that we could have things like atomic operations and far larger inventory sizes than the legacy system can afford.

So while this is still on our backlog, no, we do not have a date we can provide for Group "bank" inventories just yet.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.