question

abdulmunim2005 avatar image
abdulmunim2005 asked

Best Approach for getting leaderboards (Login by FB)

Hi!

Ok, everything was going fine until today my images did not download successfully by unity so, after hammering down the problems I figured that the picture url that graph api returns is temporary so saving it as avatar url would not be considerable my code was already too long like first downloading the leaderbords then as playfab do not support floats so "shift" my encoded scores to be a float then downloading images of the player and now even ask for the url What?

The user already had to suffer now more waiting feels like the user will quite the game, playfab doesn't store this info nor give them by getting the leaderboards so will you add it?

Even though what is the answer it will take time but by then what will be my workaround?

While playfab shows icon of the player in playstream etc... then why do not we have that option since you already have implemented that?

apisunity3dLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can save an icon URL to the player profile, yes. And that data can be returned with the leaderboard results. We have no control over whether or not the URL is valid, or times out, however. For Facebook though, you can consistently get the player's profile using a URL that does not change, currently. Have a look at this thread for more info: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3341672/getting-the-real-facebook-profile-picture-url-from-graph-api

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

abdulmunim2005 avatar image abdulmunim2005 commented ·

I have tried this already doesn't work, any other ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan abdulmunim2005 commented ·

Using the link from that (fairly old) post, I can get to the person's pic. What happens when you try following those instructions?

0 Likes 0 ·
abdulmunim2005 avatar image abdulmunim2005 brendan commented ·

Ok, here's the link I got its fairly same as I got without those prams

https://lookaside.facebook.com/platform/profilepic/?asid=956276414529188&height=50&width=50&ext=1525194258&hash=AeSckHzjfIFs7gSn

since in your country its morning check it after 3-4 hours and you'll get you answers or I will reming you when I wake up.

Thanks, Good Night(at least for me)!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.