question

dgupta avatar image
dgupta asked

Limit on Catalog Item Description

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is a size limit (in bytes) on the description of a catalog item? I couldn't find anything under Limits Tab.

Thanks!

limitsContent
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't have a specific limit for the description, but if you try to make them thousands of bytes long, that might cause some issues for you. What is it you're trying to do, exactly?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dgupta avatar image dgupta commented ·

I was planning on trying to use it as an extension for the custom data because I couldn’t fit everything within the 1,000 byte limit. I was wondering if it was another 1,000 bytes or something, so I could use it sparingly to add some more customizations for my levels.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dgupta commented ·

In almost all cases, workarounds intended to bypass our limits are a bad idea, as they may result in the title doing something abusive. Could you describe the data you're trying to store? We might be able to suggest some ways to work within the existing data limits.

0 Likes 0 ·
dgupta avatar image dgupta brendan commented ·

Yeah, I thought it was a bit hacky. I actually figured out a different way to lower the amount of bytes that it'll take and hopefully it will fit within the custom data limit (I have around 150 bytes to work with). It is a way to represent the waves of enmies per level in a string, so that they can be synced to the server and be modified on the fly without having to re-build the game. I figured out a way that should allow for minimal amount of storage per wave with the use of title data too. Thanks for the answer tho!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.