question

Brian Jordan avatar image
Brian Jordan asked

Causes for some players getting PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Unable to complete SSL connection, 400 BadRequest)

We're live! In collecting game client errors, we've got a handful of our players getting the following error on trying to log in with PlayFab:

PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Unable to complete SSL connection, 400 BadRequest)

Is there anything we should try / suggest these players try for this? It's possible this is a normal subset of users with firewall / antivirus / other issues, just want to make sure we figure out the best possible recommendations / workarounds.

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Well, the first question is, are those players anywhere in Russia? If so, the answer is that Russia's attempt to block Telegram has resulted in them blocking literally millions of IP Addresses, including whole swaths of AWS.

The error itself indicates an essential problem with the client being able to talk to our service - either due to a client level issue (such as a firewall or antivirus software, as you suggest), an ISP issue, or a node-level block, such as the Russian government is using. In all cases, these are usually hard to diagnose. If you have any users who are familiar with Wireshark, getting a network capture is usually a big help. Otherwise, the best thing you can advise is that they try logging in from a different machine, and at a different location.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chesstar avatar image chesstar commented ·

Hi, I am from china.Recently, I met the same questions.Could you give me some suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan chesstar commented ·

With China, you have to content with the Great Firewall, which forces players to use VPN to play most games that have datacenters outside China. We're working on a plan to have a PlayFab datacenter in China as soon as possible, but in the meantime, if you want to provide PlayFab services for players in China, we have tested an integration with some edge service providers that you can contract with to use for delivery of data between clients and the PlayFab service. If you'd like more info on that, feel free to email us at devrel@playfab.com

0 Likes 0 ·
apcrol avatar image apcrol commented ·

Still no connection from Russia to api.playfab.com and servers. (it often works after 10-50 connection attemps btw) So playfab is not gonna do anything with it?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan apcrol commented ·

I'm open to suggestions. We do not have the ability to force the Russian government to unblock the AWS IP address ranges they've chosen to block.

0 Likes 0 ·
apcrol avatar image apcrol brendan commented ·

Thxx for the reply! My current solution is to use proxy and HttpWebRequest
but currently Im experiencing another problem, my login request and GetPlayerProfile works well while GetCatalogItems and GetUserInventory are not :( its always

Timeout: WebException making http request to: 

It's Unity 2017.2 and it looks like with HttpWebRequest GetUserInventory not works even without proxy.

What I do for proxy btw:

in PlayFabHttp class at InitializeHttp() now only

_internalHttp = new PlayFabWebRequest();

in PlayFabWebRequest class at Post() method

WebProxy myProxy2 = new WebProxy(); 
Uri newUri2 = new Uri("http://proxy_ip_adress:8888");
myProxy2.Address = newUri2; reqContainer.HttpRequest.Proxy = myProxy2;
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.