question

brook avatar image
brook asked

player Account design

I would like to have a game that allow player to play without signing in with facebook and let player link there facebook account anytime they want to. Our target user is ios and android device. By this what would you recommend the user to login with at the start. should I do it with (LoginWithAndroidDeviceID and LoginWithIOSDeviceID ) or (LoginWithCustomID). and then using LinkFacebookAccount when they want to link to the facebook account.

Thank in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, that's specifically what we recommend for mobile games. Our authentication tutorials talk about this in more detail: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials#landing-players

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brook avatar image brook commented ·

Thank, I found the tutorial about this, but I have a problem with the LinkFacebookAccount process after I call this function, It went though successfully but when I went to the playfab player segment in the browser it still show that player only link to android device. Please tell me what I did wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brook commented ·

Segments aren't either/or - a player can be a member of many segments. What are the segment filter rules you've defined?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.