question

rob avatar image
rob asked

Very slow API calls

Hi,

We have had a report from one of our players that all the API calls in our game (things like GetCurrentGames, downloading shop data, leaderboards etc) are taking up to a minute or two to return. The player is located in Russia and it was working fine before yesterday.

I have not noticed any similar issues and this is the only report that I've had but he is reporting that the game itself runs fine (server in USEast) so it is not his internet connection at fault.

The title ID in question is 448C.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
apcrol avatar image
apcrol answered

Cannot connect to playfab site or services now in Russia. Looks like its all related to blindly blocked ~20 mil ip adresses by goverment because of Telegram messenger case.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/17/millions-ip-addresses-blocked-russia-tries-shut-encrypted-messaging/

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, there's very little we can do about the Russian government blocking all IP Addresses from major service providers. Hopefully, they'll realize soon that this is a self-defeating strategy.

0 Likes 0 ·
rob avatar image rob brendan commented ·

Well that was unexpected! Frustrating but I guess there's nothing to be done about it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.