question

adrianvoinea avatar image
adrianvoinea asked

Multiple Custom IDs linked together into a Facebook Account?

Hello,

I have the following situation:

Device 1 logs in to Playfab using Custom ID, creating a new account, let's call it Anon A.

It plays up to level X, and then logs in to Facebook account A, linking account.

Later on, the player starts playing on Device 2, logging in with a Custom ID, creating account Anon B.

It plays up to level Y, and then logs into Facebook account A (same Facebook account as above).

At this point, there would be a conflict message saying:

- You wish to keep progress with level X or progress with level Y.

What I want to do here, is simply link the Anon B account with the Facebook A account, and get it done with.

However, I'm receiving an "LinkedIdentifierAlreadyClaimed", which from other posts led me to believe that you are not allowing to link 2 Custom IDs to a Facebook account

The end result should look like this in my opinion:

- User ALWAYS will log in with Custom ID (simplifying any online flow)

- Account linking order would be like this: Anon A - Facebook - Anon B

- If future Anon C/D/E are created, they would also link to Facebook, but those devices will keep on logging in with C/D/E

So, question is, how can I link multiple custom ids to a Facebook account?

Because all other suggestions up until now are suggesting to use the Facebook account as the primary account, however I am NOT developing a fully online game, so the flow will get terribly complicated if I have to decide between Facebook and Custom ID primary flow.

(Also, reconnecting to a primary account during online connects/disconnects, like subways, and looking/waiting up for facebook as well, is a pain to work with)

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
adrianvoinea avatar image
adrianvoinea answered

Nevermind.. It seemed I needed to force the link, and both custom IDs are now seeing the same progress, and Anon B progress remained a "zombie" (no id attached to it)

However, in the web interface, there is only one custom ID and one Facebook, not all linked custom IDs. Is this a bug of the web interface?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

That's correct - for the ID-type logins, you can have more than one on a player profile, but only the most recently used is going to show up. This is due to the fact that we didn't support multiples of the same type before. We have an open work item to show all linked accounts, bar none.

0 Likes 0 ·
adrianvoinea avatar image adrianvoinea commented ·

I'm glad I didn't stumble upon something that might be changed in the future :)

Thanks for the answer. I'm gonna use it like this then.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.